Avon, working in conjunction with the U.S Product Safety Commission (CPSC), has issued a voluntary recall of microwave popcorn makers because they can overheat and ignite, posing a fire or burn hazard.
To date, the company has received twenty-reports of the recalled makers overheating. Two incidents involved fires that resulted in damage to microwaves but no one was injured.
The recall involves Avon’s Microwave Popcorn Maker with item number 474-105 that was sold on their Website as well as in brochures from October 2012 through February 2013.
Consumers are advised to stop using the recalled items and contact Avon for updated instructions on safely using the microwave popcorn maker. The new safety instructions can also be obtained from an independent Avon representative or on their website under the recall section.