The Legal Examiner Mark The Legal Examiner Mark The Legal Examiner Mark search twitter facebook feed linkedin instagram google-plus avvo phone envelope checkmark mail-reply spinner error close
Skip to main content

A generator used to fill up two large Moonbounce playhouses is to blame for a carbon monoxide scare at a birthday party that sent 17 people to the hospital, said officials.

The fan was keeping two large playhouses inflated while children were jumping and playing in them, said Fire Department Captain John Cleary.

Six of the seventeen people hospitalized were between 3 to 16 years of age. None of the injuries appear to be life threatening.

Most of those who were sickened were expected to be released Sunday, Cleary said. Two children were being treated in a hyperbaric chamber and it wasn’t clear when they would be released.

The incident happened inside the H & H Community Development Center. Cleary said he did not know if the generator was inside or outside the community center hall.

The incident is still under investigation, but officials believe the exhaust from the generator is likely to blame, said Cleary. Officials are asking anyone else who was at the party to get checked out at a hospital.

Comments are closed.

Of Interest